Aug 10, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
Grant Brisbee friggin’ nails it, with a sampling of the sorts of baseball stories you’d be reading right now if the season began after the All-Star Break instead of back in April. Stuff like:
Bryce Harper: Just Not Ready
… Harper is hitting .176/.276/.265 in 105 at-bats to start the season. How long are the Nationals going to let this go on? Who benefits? Certainly not Harper, whose head must be spinning. Certainly not the Nationals, who have to deal with the equivalent of another pitcher in their lineup. It’s probably about time to end the experiment and start anew.
Not that this will stop us from posting all of those “Are the [City, Mascots] for real?” posts a month into next season. Still, it’s instructive.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)