Aug 10, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT
The White Sox will have to get by without one of their best hitters for a little while, as Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that the White Sox have placed Paul Konerko on the seven-day disabled list with a concussion.
Konerko suffered the concussion Tuesday night when he was elbowed in the head by Royals outfielder Jarrod Dyson during a play at first base. While the veteran first baseman will be eligible to return as soon as next Friday, he’ll have to be cleared by MLB first.
Konerko, 36, is batting .318/.388/.504 with 18 home runs, 54 RBI and an .892 OPS in 101 games played this season. Adam Dunn figures to handle first base duties for now while Chuck Garfien of CSNChicago.com speculates that Dan Johnson could be called up from the minors to take Konerko’s place on the active roster. Johnson, who played with the Rays last season, is hitting .266/.396/.505 with 25 homers and a .901 OPS in 117 games with Triple-A Charlotte this year.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)