Aug 10, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
Earlier I said that Barry Bonds’ chances of getting into the Hall of Fame eventually weren’t that bad. Well, with endorsements like these, maybe they’re worse than I thought:
Former Texas Rangers and Baltimore Orioles slugger Rafael Palmeiro said Friday that Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds should be voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame …
… “You’re talking about, in my opinion, probably the best pitcher of all-time and the greatest player of all-time,” Palmeiro said. “Keep them out and then the Hall of Fame has no credibility.”
And who knows credibility better than Rafael Palmeiro?
Eh, doesn’t matter. I will observe, however, that for a guy who says that he’s put the Hall of Fame behind him — as he does again in this article — Rafael Palmeiro gives an awful lot of interviews about the Hall of Fame.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 36
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (93)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)