Aug 10, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
There are some players everyone wants. There are some players no one wants. Then there’s Scott Podsednik. Everyone acts like they want him — they sign him, they trade for him — but then they let him go. And then he shows up again like a loyal little puppy or something:
Source: Podsednik back with
#RedSox on major-league deal.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) August 10, 2012
This, of course, comes just a week or so after the Red Sox traded Podsednik away to Arizona in the deal that netted them Craig Breslow. The Dbacks released Podsednik two days later — they really wanted Matt Albers in that deal, it seems — and now he’s back in Boston.
Hope he didn’t let his apartment go. I bet he let his apartment go. Man, what a drag.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 31
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 31
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 44
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 57
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)