Aug 10, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
There are some players everyone wants. There are some players no one wants. Then there’s Scott Podsednik. Everyone acts like they want him — they sign him, they trade for him — but then they let him go. And then he shows up again like a loyal little puppy or something:
Source: Podsednik back with
#RedSox on major-league deal.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) August 10, 2012
This, of course, comes just a week or so after the Red Sox traded Podsednik away to Arizona in the deal that netted them Craig Breslow. The Dbacks released Podsednik two days later — they really wanted Matt Albers in that deal, it seems — and now he’s back in Boston.
Hope he didn’t let his apartment go. I bet he let his apartment go. Man, what a drag.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 9
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 87
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 63
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (96)