Aug 10, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
There are some players everyone wants. There are some players no one wants. Then there’s Scott Podsednik. Everyone acts like they want him — they sign him, they trade for him — but then they let him go. And then he shows up again like a loyal little puppy or something:
Source: Podsednik back with
#RedSox on major-league deal.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) August 10, 2012
This, of course, comes just a week or so after the Red Sox traded Podsednik away to Arizona in the deal that netted them Craig Breslow. The Dbacks released Podsednik two days later — they really wanted Matt Albers in that deal, it seems — and now he’s back in Boston.
Hope he didn’t let his apartment go. I bet he let his apartment go. Man, what a drag.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 9
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day (83)