Aug 10, 2012, 8:52 AM EST
There are some players everyone wants. There are some players no one wants. Then there’s Scott Podsednik. Everyone acts like they want him — they sign him, they trade for him — but then they let him go. And then he shows up again like a loyal little puppy or something:
Source: Podsednik back with
#RedSox on major-league deal.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) August 10, 2012
This, of course, comes just a week or so after the Red Sox traded Podsednik away to Arizona in the deal that netted them Craig Breslow. The Dbacks released Podsednik two days later — they really wanted Matt Albers in that deal, it seems — and now he’s back in Boston.
Hope he didn’t let his apartment go. I bet he let his apartment go. Man, what a drag.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (118)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)