Aug 10, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Mike Rizzo once said that Stephen Strasburg would be capped at 160 innings this year. Then he said that he’d be subject to some non-specific innings limit, governed by “the eye test,” whatever that means. Now something somewhat more specific:
While Mike Rizzo wouldn’t pin down a number, he said Stephen Strasburg will not exceed 180 innings.
— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 10, 2012
I still have to believe that this is all subject to change depending on the Nats making the playoffs, which they seem a really good bet to do, and going deep in the playoffs which, with Strasburg, they have to be favored to do.
If Rizzo shuts down Strasburg and he’s not available for critical starts either down the stretch or in October, he’d be crucified.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17