Aug 10, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Mike Rizzo once said that Stephen Strasburg would be capped at 160 innings this year. Then he said that he’d be subject to some non-specific innings limit, governed by “the eye test,” whatever that means. Now something somewhat more specific:
While Mike Rizzo wouldn’t pin down a number, he said Stephen Strasburg will not exceed 180 innings.
— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 10, 2012
I still have to believe that this is all subject to change depending on the Nats making the playoffs, which they seem a really good bet to do, and going deep in the playoffs which, with Strasburg, they have to be favored to do.
If Rizzo shuts down Strasburg and he’s not available for critical starts either down the stretch or in October, he’d be crucified.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)