Aug 10, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Mike Rizzo once said that Stephen Strasburg would be capped at 160 innings this year. Then he said that he’d be subject to some non-specific innings limit, governed by “the eye test,” whatever that means. Now something somewhat more specific:
While Mike Rizzo wouldn’t pin down a number, he said Stephen Strasburg will not exceed 180 innings.
— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 10, 2012
I still have to believe that this is all subject to change depending on the Nats making the playoffs, which they seem a really good bet to do, and going deep in the playoffs which, with Strasburg, they have to be favored to do.
If Rizzo shuts down Strasburg and he’s not available for critical starts either down the stretch or in October, he’d be crucified.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)