Aug 11, 2012, 8:59 AM EDT
Hanley Ramirez was back in Miami last night for the first time since being traded to the Dodgers on July 25. He heard plenty of boos from the 28,130 in attendance at Marlins Park, but he got the last laugh.
Ramirez went 3-for-5 with two RBI as the Dodgers topped the Marlins 5-2. He had a go-ahead RBI single in the top of the sixth inning and later added a bases-loaded infield single in the seventh to knock in another run. It was his first three-hit game since May 30. You know, if he had more of those, the Marlins probably never would have traded him in the first place.
Clayton Kershaw allowed two runs over 6 1/3 innings to improve to 10-6 on the year while Kenley Jansen worked around a couple baserunners in the ninth to notch his 23rd save. The Dodgers have won back-to-back games while the Giants have dropped two in a row, so the two teams are now in a flat-footed tie at 61-52 in the National League West. This promises to be a fun race.
Your Friday box scores:
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)