Aug 11, 2012, 10:04 PM EDT
Braves righty Tommy Hanson is just about ready.
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the 25-year-old is scheduled to make a minor league rehab start on Sunday at Triple-A Gwinnett and will be activated from the disabled list five days later if all goes according to plan.
Hanson, who has been on the shelf since July 31 with a lower back strain, uttered an obscenity at Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez when the topic of a minor league start was broached. But the Bravos have a solid five-man rotation mix at the moment and want to play it safe with their injury-prone youngster.
“I’m not in a good mood,” Hanson told reporters Saturday.
He has a 4.29 ERA and a 114/54 K/BB ratio in 126 innings this season.
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 9
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 139
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (139)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)