Aug 11, 2012, 10:04 PM EDT
Braves righty Tommy Hanson is just about ready.
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the 25-year-old is scheduled to make a minor league rehab start on Sunday at Triple-A Gwinnett and will be activated from the disabled list five days later if all goes according to plan.
Hanson, who has been on the shelf since July 31 with a lower back strain, uttered an obscenity at Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez when the topic of a minor league start was broached. But the Bravos have a solid five-man rotation mix at the moment and want to play it safe with their injury-prone youngster.
“I’m not in a good mood,” Hanson told reporters Saturday.
He has a 4.29 ERA and a 114/54 K/BB ratio in 126 innings this season.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)