Aug 11, 2012, 6:33 PM EDT
It took Derek Lowe one day to find a new home.
According to beat writer Marc Carig of the Newark Star-Ledger, the Yankees have acquired the free agent right-hander, who was released by the Indians on Friday afternoon after posting a 5.52 ERA, 1.69 WHIP and 41/45 K/BB ratio across 119 innings.
Lowe has agreed to pitch out of the bullpen in New York, though he could be in line for a spot start at some point soon depending on how swiftly left-hander CC Sabathia can recover from his recent elbow issues.
Carig says the Yankees’ decision-makers “still believe that Lowe generates enough grounders to be effective.”
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 1
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 9
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 139
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (139)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)