Aug 12, 2012, 3:57 PM EDT
Lopez batted just .249/.272/.366 with 17 extra-base hits, 28 RBI, eight walks and 35 strikeouts in 224 plate appearances this season for Cleveland.
The 28-year-old Venezuelan slugged 25 homers and tallied 96 RBI across 622 plate appearances with the Mariners back in 2009 but has registered a hideous .236/.265/.352 slash line in 298 major-league games since.
Lopez will presumably try to latch on with a new team. He’s now played for four different ones.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 28
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)