Aug 12, 2012, 3:57 PM EST
Lopez batted just .249/.272/.366 with 17 extra-base hits, 28 RBI, eight walks and 35 strikeouts in 224 plate appearances this season for Cleveland.
The 28-year-old Venezuelan slugged 25 homers and tallied 96 RBI across 622 plate appearances with the Mariners back in 2009 but has registered a hideous .236/.265/.352 slash line in 298 major-league games since.
Lopez will presumably try to latch on with a new team. He’s now played for four different ones.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)