Aug 12, 2012, 3:57 PM EDT
Lopez batted just .249/.272/.366 with 17 extra-base hits, 28 RBI, eight walks and 35 strikeouts in 224 plate appearances this season for Cleveland.
The 28-year-old Venezuelan slugged 25 homers and tallied 96 RBI across 622 plate appearances with the Mariners back in 2009 but has registered a hideous .236/.265/.352 slash line in 298 major-league games since.
Lopez will presumably try to latch on with a new team. He’s now played for four different ones.
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 4
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 51
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)