Aug 12, 2012, 3:57 PM EDT
Lopez batted just .249/.272/.366 with 17 extra-base hits, 28 RBI, eight walks and 35 strikeouts in 224 plate appearances this season for Cleveland.
The 28-year-old Venezuelan slugged 25 homers and tallied 96 RBI across 622 plate appearances with the Mariners back in 2009 but has registered a hideous .236/.265/.352 slash line in 298 major-league games since.
Lopez will presumably try to latch on with a new team. He’s now played for four different ones.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 63
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)