Aug 12, 2012, 10:40 AM EDT
Angels phenom Mike Trout is an American League MVP candidate primarily because of his gaudy offensive numbers, but he’s also been a standout defensively since his arrival near the end of April.
The 21-year-old made another spectacular play on Saturday night in Anaheim, robbing his third home run of the season with a perfectly-timed leap at the center field wall to rob the Mariners’ Miguel Olivo of a would-be home run. MLB.com has the highlight.
It’s the third homer Trout has robbed this year. No major league outfielder robbed three homers in 2011.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)