Aug 12, 2012, 10:40 AM EDT
Angels phenom Mike Trout is an American League MVP candidate primarily because of his gaudy offensive numbers, but he’s also been a standout defensively since his arrival near the end of April.
The 21-year-old made another spectacular play on Saturday night in Anaheim, robbing his third home run of the season with a perfectly-timed leap at the center field wall to rob the Mariners’ Miguel Olivo of a would-be home run. MLB.com has the highlight.
It’s the third homer Trout has robbed this year. No major league outfielder robbed three homers in 2011.
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 4
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (103)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)