Aug 12, 2012, 10:40 AM EDT
Angels phenom Mike Trout is an American League MVP candidate primarily because of his gaudy offensive numbers, but he’s also been a standout defensively since his arrival near the end of April.
The 21-year-old made another spectacular play on Saturday night in Anaheim, robbing his third home run of the season with a perfectly-timed leap at the center field wall to rob the Mariners’ Miguel Olivo of a would-be home run. MLB.com has the highlight.
It’s the third homer Trout has robbed this year. No major league outfielder robbed three homers in 2011.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 1
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)