Aug 12, 2012, 1:39 PM EST
Here’s a dose of positive news for the Red Sox.
He’s still probably done for the remainder of the 2012 season, but the wrist should make a full recovery and he has a good chance of being 100 percent healthy heading into spring training next February.
Middleboorks, a 23-year-old rookie, posted a .288/.325/.509 batting line with 15 home runs, 14 doubles and 54 RBI over his first 75 major league games this season. Boston has turned to Pedro Ciriaco at third base in his absence. Danny Valencia should also get looks at the hot corner down the stretch.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (363)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)