Aug 13, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Eleven months ago Alex Rodriguez completed construction on a mansion in Miami that cost the Yankees third baseman a reported $24 million, but now TMZ reports that he’s trying to sell the place … for $38 million.
Some details on the property:
The 9-bedroom, 11-bath beachfront estate … offers 275 ft. of water frontage, a home theater, a heated pool, gym, rooftop deck, an elevator and a 3,000 square-foot sports room complete with a batting cage.
Rodriguez has earned more than $300 million during his MLB career and is still owed another $114 million by the Yankees through 2017. And if he can buy a place for $24 million and sell it for $38 million a year later maybe A-Rod ought to think about going into real estate full time once he retires.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (89)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)