Aug 13, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Eleven months ago Alex Rodriguez completed construction on a mansion in Miami that cost the Yankees third baseman a reported $24 million, but now TMZ reports that he’s trying to sell the place … for $38 million.
Some details on the property:
The 9-bedroom, 11-bath beachfront estate … offers 275 ft. of water frontage, a home theater, a heated pool, gym, rooftop deck, an elevator and a 3,000 square-foot sports room complete with a batting cage.
Rodriguez has earned more than $300 million during his MLB career and is still owed another $114 million by the Yankees through 2017. And if he can buy a place for $24 million and sell it for $38 million a year later maybe A-Rod ought to think about going into real estate full time once he retires.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 59
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)