Aug 13, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
Eleven months ago Alex Rodriguez completed construction on a mansion in Miami that cost the Yankees third baseman a reported $24 million, but now TMZ reports that he’s trying to sell the place … for $38 million.
Some details on the property:
The 9-bedroom, 11-bath beachfront estate … offers 275 ft. of water frontage, a home theater, a heated pool, gym, rooftop deck, an elevator and a 3,000 square-foot sports room complete with a batting cage.
Rodriguez has earned more than $300 million during his MLB career and is still owed another $114 million by the Yankees through 2017. And if he can buy a place for $24 million and sell it for $38 million a year later maybe A-Rod ought to think about going into real estate full time once he retires.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)