Aug 13, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Eleven months ago Alex Rodriguez completed construction on a mansion in Miami that cost the Yankees third baseman a reported $24 million, but now TMZ reports that he’s trying to sell the place … for $38 million.
Some details on the property:
The 9-bedroom, 11-bath beachfront estate … offers 275 ft. of water frontage, a home theater, a heated pool, gym, rooftop deck, an elevator and a 3,000 square-foot sports room complete with a batting cage.
Rodriguez has earned more than $300 million during his MLB career and is still owed another $114 million by the Yankees through 2017. And if he can buy a place for $24 million and sell it for $38 million a year later maybe A-Rod ought to think about going into real estate full time once he retires.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 23
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 30
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)