Aug 13, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Eleven months ago Alex Rodriguez completed construction on a mansion in Miami that cost the Yankees third baseman a reported $24 million, but now TMZ reports that he’s trying to sell the place … for $38 million.
Some details on the property:
The 9-bedroom, 11-bath beachfront estate … offers 275 ft. of water frontage, a home theater, a heated pool, gym, rooftop deck, an elevator and a 3,000 square-foot sports room complete with a batting cage.
Rodriguez has earned more than $300 million during his MLB career and is still owed another $114 million by the Yankees through 2017. And if he can buy a place for $24 million and sell it for $38 million a year later maybe A-Rod ought to think about going into real estate full time once he retires.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 56
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 95
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)