Aug 13, 2012, 8:57 AM EDT
One post this morning and we already have our comment of the day. In response to my concerns over the Nats seemingly being willing to let Stephen Strasburg miss the playoffs, jea1978 says “don’t worry, it’s all good, bro”
I am a Nats fan, season ticket holder since ’07, and I 100% agree with this. Besides losing LaRoche, E Jax, and maybe decreased production from Werth, we will be the same team for the next three years at least. We will win multiple world series, as long as don’t do something stupid and blow out Stras’ arm.
The 1986 Mets, 1995 Braves, 2008 Phillies and a zillion other awesome-on-paper teams say “hi.”
I’m not saying the Nats future isn’t bright. Of course it is. But dynasties in baseball are the exception, not the rule. No matter how good your team looks, guys get injured. Other teams get better. Can’t-miss stars occasionally miss. Your star right fielder and phenom starter get addicted to cocaine. Baseball history is littered with would-be dynasties with nothing to show for all of their promise.
Maybe the Nats do win “multiple World Series.” But you gotta win one first. And preemptively shutting down your otherwise healthy ace when you look like the best team in the National League seems a funny way to go about doing that.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (83)