Aug 13, 2012, 8:57 AM EST
One post this morning and we already have our comment of the day. In response to my concerns over the Nats seemingly being willing to let Stephen Strasburg miss the playoffs, jea1978 says “don’t worry, it’s all good, bro”
I am a Nats fan, season ticket holder since ’07, and I 100% agree with this. Besides losing LaRoche, E Jax, and maybe decreased production from Werth, we will be the same team for the next three years at least. We will win multiple world series, as long as don’t do something stupid and blow out Stras’ arm.
The 1986 Mets, 1995 Braves, 2008 Phillies and a zillion other awesome-on-paper teams say “hi.”
I’m not saying the Nats future isn’t bright. Of course it is. But dynasties in baseball are the exception, not the rule. No matter how good your team looks, guys get injured. Other teams get better. Can’t-miss stars occasionally miss. Your star right fielder and phenom starter get addicted to cocaine. Baseball history is littered with would-be dynasties with nothing to show for all of their promise.
Maybe the Nats do win “multiple World Series.” But you gotta win one first. And preemptively shutting down your otherwise healthy ace when you look like the best team in the National League seems a funny way to go about doing that.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)