Aug 13, 2012, 8:57 AM EST
One post this morning and we already have our comment of the day. In response to my concerns over the Nats seemingly being willing to let Stephen Strasburg miss the playoffs, jea1978 says “don’t worry, it’s all good, bro”
I am a Nats fan, season ticket holder since ’07, and I 100% agree with this. Besides losing LaRoche, E Jax, and maybe decreased production from Werth, we will be the same team for the next three years at least. We will win multiple world series, as long as don’t do something stupid and blow out Stras’ arm.
The 1986 Mets, 1995 Braves, 2008 Phillies and a zillion other awesome-on-paper teams say “hi.”
I’m not saying the Nats future isn’t bright. Of course it is. But dynasties in baseball are the exception, not the rule. No matter how good your team looks, guys get injured. Other teams get better. Can’t-miss stars occasionally miss. Your star right fielder and phenom starter get addicted to cocaine. Baseball history is littered with would-be dynasties with nothing to show for all of their promise.
Maybe the Nats do win “multiple World Series.” But you gotta win one first. And preemptively shutting down your otherwise healthy ace when you look like the best team in the National League seems a funny way to go about doing that.
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 13
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 30
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 17
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 143
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)