Aug 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
J.C. Romero is on the move again, going from Triple-A with the Indians to the big leagues with the Orioles as part of a minor trade today.
Romero has bounced around an incredible amount and in fact he was actually released from Triple-A by the Orioles when he exercised an opt-out clause in his contract last month. Seriously.
Since the beginning of last season Romero has been employed by the Orioles, Indians, Cardinals, Phillies, Nationals, Yankees, and Rockies. And going back even further he also worked for the Twins, Angels, and Red Sox. And now the Orioles again, this time in the majors.
All for a 36-year-old reliever with a 4.54 ERA and nearly as many walks (46) as strikeouts (52) in 69 innings during the past three seasons. Being left-handed is amazing.
- George Springer placed on 7-day concussion disabled list 1
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 24
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 43
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 18
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)