Aug 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
J.C. Romero is on the move again, going from Triple-A with the Indians to the big leagues with the Orioles as part of a minor trade today.
Romero has bounced around an incredible amount and in fact he was actually released from Triple-A by the Orioles when he exercised an opt-out clause in his contract last month. Seriously.
Since the beginning of last season Romero has been employed by the Orioles, Indians, Cardinals, Phillies, Nationals, Yankees, and Rockies. And going back even further he also worked for the Twins, Angels, and Red Sox. And now the Orioles again, this time in the majors.
All for a 36-year-old reliever with a 4.54 ERA and nearly as many walks (46) as strikeouts (52) in 69 innings during the past three seasons. Being left-handed is amazing.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)