Aug 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
J.C. Romero is on the move again, going from Triple-A with the Indians to the big leagues with the Orioles as part of a minor trade today.
Romero has bounced around an incredible amount and in fact he was actually released from Triple-A by the Orioles when he exercised an opt-out clause in his contract last month. Seriously.
Since the beginning of last season Romero has been employed by the Orioles, Indians, Cardinals, Phillies, Nationals, Yankees, and Rockies. And going back even further he also worked for the Twins, Angels, and Red Sox. And now the Orioles again, this time in the majors.
All for a 36-year-old reliever with a 4.54 ERA and nearly as many walks (46) as strikeouts (52) in 69 innings during the past three seasons. Being left-handed is amazing.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)