Aug 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
J.C. Romero is on the move again, going from Triple-A with the Indians to the big leagues with the Orioles as part of a minor trade today.
Romero has bounced around an incredible amount and in fact he was actually released from Triple-A by the Orioles when he exercised an opt-out clause in his contract last month. Seriously.
Since the beginning of last season Romero has been employed by the Orioles, Indians, Cardinals, Phillies, Nationals, Yankees, and Rockies. And going back even further he also worked for the Twins, Angels, and Red Sox. And now the Orioles again, this time in the majors.
All for a 36-year-old reliever with a 4.54 ERA and nearly as many walks (46) as strikeouts (52) in 69 innings during the past three seasons. Being left-handed is amazing.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)