Aug 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
J.C. Romero is on the move again, going from Triple-A with the Indians to the big leagues with the Orioles as part of a minor trade today.
Romero has bounced around an incredible amount and in fact he was actually released from Triple-A by the Orioles when he exercised an opt-out clause in his contract last month. Seriously.
Since the beginning of last season Romero has been employed by the Orioles, Indians, Cardinals, Phillies, Nationals, Yankees, and Rockies. And going back even further he also worked for the Twins, Angels, and Red Sox. And now the Orioles again, this time in the majors.
All for a 36-year-old reliever with a 4.54 ERA and nearly as many walks (46) as strikeouts (52) in 69 innings during the past three seasons. Being left-handed is amazing.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)