Aug 13, 2012, 11:54 PM EDT
Bautista hasn’t played since July 16 due to inflammation in his left wrist. He was shut down on August 1 following a minor setback, but an MRI last week ruled out any further damage.
Today’s activities consisted of some dry swings and hitting off a tee. He’ll increase baseball activities based on how the wrist responds, so there’s not a clear timetable for his return right now. However, Bautista said last week that he plans on returning this season.
Bautista, 31, was hitting .244/.360/.534 with an .894 OPS in 90 games prior to the injury. He still ranks eighth in the American League with 27 homers despite the nearly month-long absence.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 1
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 87
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (87)