Aug 13, 2012, 11:54 PM EDT
Bautista hasn’t played since July 16 due to inflammation in his left wrist. He was shut down on August 1 following a minor setback, but an MRI last week ruled out any further damage.
Today’s activities consisted of some dry swings and hitting off a tee. He’ll increase baseball activities based on how the wrist responds, so there’s not a clear timetable for his return right now. However, Bautista said last week that he plans on returning this season.
Bautista, 31, was hitting .244/.360/.534 with an .894 OPS in 90 games prior to the injury. He still ranks eighth in the American League with 27 homers despite the nearly month-long absence.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)