Aug 13, 2012, 11:54 PM EDT
Bautista hasn’t played since July 16 due to inflammation in his left wrist. He was shut down on August 1 following a minor setback, but an MRI last week ruled out any further damage.
Today’s activities consisted of some dry swings and hitting off a tee. He’ll increase baseball activities based on how the wrist responds, so there’s not a clear timetable for his return right now. However, Bautista said last week that he plans on returning this season.
Bautista, 31, was hitting .244/.360/.534 with an .894 OPS in 90 games prior to the injury. He still ranks eighth in the American League with 27 homers despite the nearly month-long absence.
- Report: Mets “pushing very hard” for Carlos Gomez 2
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 36
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 63
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)