Aug 13, 2012, 11:54 PM EDT
Bautista hasn’t played since July 16 due to inflammation in his left wrist. He was shut down on August 1 following a minor setback, but an MRI last week ruled out any further damage.
Today’s activities consisted of some dry swings and hitting off a tee. He’ll increase baseball activities based on how the wrist responds, so there’s not a clear timetable for his return right now. However, Bautista said last week that he plans on returning this season.
Bautista, 31, was hitting .244/.360/.534 with an .894 OPS in 90 games prior to the injury. He still ranks eighth in the American League with 27 homers despite the nearly month-long absence.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)