Aug 13, 2012, 9:44 AM EDT
Lance Berkman‘s right knee has him on the DL. The other day we learned that his left knee is bothering him too. Though it was originally reported that it was just “soreness” and that there was no damage, an MRI has revealed cartilage damage.
Joe Strauss has a good story about what Berkman faces now. And how there’s a very good chance that, even if he contributes in a limited role down the stretch this year, his career could soon be over.
Five knee surgeries will do that.
- Ryne Sandberg opines on baseball’s steroid era 19
- Watch David Wells’ perfect game from 15 years ago today 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 61
- Army Lt. Col. surprises daughter on ceremonial first pitch 34
- Bryce Harper in Nationals’ lineup for first time since crashing into right field wall 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness