Aug 13, 2012, 9:44 AM EDT
Lance Berkman‘s right knee has him on the DL. The other day we learned that his left knee is bothering him too. Though it was originally reported that it was just “soreness” and that there was no damage, an MRI has revealed cartilage damage.
Joe Strauss has a good story about what Berkman faces now. And how there’s a very good chance that, even if he contributes in a limited role down the stretch this year, his career could soon be over.
Five knee surgeries will do that.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29