Aug 13, 2012, 9:44 AM EDT
Lance Berkman‘s right knee has him on the DL. The other day we learned that his left knee is bothering him too. Though it was originally reported that it was just “soreness” and that there was no damage, an MRI has revealed cartilage damage.
Joe Strauss has a good story about what Berkman faces now. And how there’s a very good chance that, even if he contributes in a limited role down the stretch this year, his career could soon be over.
Five knee surgeries will do that.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 71
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)