Aug 13, 2012, 9:44 AM EDT
Lance Berkman‘s right knee has him on the DL. The other day we learned that his left knee is bothering him too. Though it was originally reported that it was just “soreness” and that there was no damage, an MRI has revealed cartilage damage.
Joe Strauss has a good story about what Berkman faces now. And how there’s a very good chance that, even if he contributes in a limited role down the stretch this year, his career could soon be over.
Five knee surgeries will do that.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 2
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 113
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 3
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (116)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)