Aug 13, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Andrew Bailey had another strong minor-league rehab outing yesterday, retiring all four batters he faced at Triple-A, and Alex Speier of WEEI.com reports that the Red Sox will activate him from the disabled list tomorrow.
Bailey has missed the entire season following a spring training thumb injury, but he’s thrown 6.1 innings with a 1.42 ERA and 10/1 K/BB ratio while rehabbing in the minors for the past couple weeks.
Boston has today off, so he’ll be available out of the bullpen for Tuesday night’s game against the Orioles. His role upon returning is unclear, although obviously the Red Sox acquired him from the A’s this offseason to be their closer.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)