Aug 13, 2012, 12:46 PM EST
Andrew Bailey had another strong minor-league rehab outing yesterday, retiring all four batters he faced at Triple-A, and Alex Speier of WEEI.com reports that the Red Sox will activate him from the disabled list tomorrow.
Bailey has missed the entire season following a spring training thumb injury, but he’s thrown 6.1 innings with a 1.42 ERA and 10/1 K/BB ratio while rehabbing in the minors for the past couple weeks.
Boston has today off, so he’ll be available out of the bullpen for Tuesday night’s game against the Orioles. His role upon returning is unclear, although obviously the Red Sox acquired him from the A’s this offseason to be their closer.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)