Aug 13, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Andrew Bailey had another strong minor-league rehab outing yesterday, retiring all four batters he faced at Triple-A, and Alex Speier of WEEI.com reports that the Red Sox will activate him from the disabled list tomorrow.
Bailey has missed the entire season following a spring training thumb injury, but he’s thrown 6.1 innings with a 1.42 ERA and 10/1 K/BB ratio while rehabbing in the minors for the past couple weeks.
Boston has today off, so he’ll be available out of the bullpen for Tuesday night’s game against the Orioles. His role upon returning is unclear, although obviously the Red Sox acquired him from the A’s this offseason to be their closer.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)