Aug 13, 2012, 2:15 PM EDT
The New York Yankees today announced they have signed right-handed pitcher Derek Lowe to a Major League contract and selected him to the 25-man active roster. Lowe is scheduled to join the team tonight and is expected to pitch out of the bullpen.
So, no, you didn’t come across that news in a fever dream, a demented state or a peyote haze. It actually happened.
The Rangers come to the Bronx tonight. Tune in to see how Derek Lowe’s first relief work in five years goes.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (92)