Aug 14, 2012, 9:12 AM EST
Adam Dunn hit two home runs last night, but one of them was absolutely murderized. Apologies for the Hawk Harrelson commentary:
Dunn’s homers came in a losing effort, but each came at key times, tying the game up in the fourth inning and again in the ninth to force extras.
Though Dunn has been slumping of late, the homers were number 32 and 33 on the year, putting the Donkey back on top of the major league home run standings. He also has driven in 78. He still stands a great shot of winning the Three True Outcomes triple crown, leading the league in homers, strikeouts and walks.
I love such a definitive, all-or-nothing player. How can you not?
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)