Aug 14, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
Adam Dunn hit two home runs last night, but one of them was absolutely murderized. Apologies for the Hawk Harrelson commentary:
Dunn’s homers came in a losing effort, but each came at key times, tying the game up in the fourth inning and again in the ninth to force extras.
Though Dunn has been slumping of late, the homers were number 32 and 33 on the year, putting the Donkey back on top of the major league home run standings. He also has driven in 78. He still stands a great shot of winning the Three True Outcomes triple crown, leading the league in homers, strikeouts and walks.
I love such a definitive, all-or-nothing player. How can you not?
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 6
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 42
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)