Aug 14, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
Adam Dunn hit two home runs last night, but one of them was absolutely murderized. Apologies for the Hawk Harrelson commentary:
Dunn’s homers came in a losing effort, but each came at key times, tying the game up in the fourth inning and again in the ninth to force extras.
Though Dunn has been slumping of late, the homers were number 32 and 33 on the year, putting the Donkey back on top of the major league home run standings. He also has driven in 78. He still stands a great shot of winning the Three True Outcomes triple crown, leading the league in homers, strikeouts and walks.
I love such a definitive, all-or-nothing player. How can you not?
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 65
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)