Aug 14, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
Adam Dunn hit two home runs last night, but one of them was absolutely murderized. Apologies for the Hawk Harrelson commentary:
Dunn’s homers came in a losing effort, but each came at key times, tying the game up in the fourth inning and again in the ninth to force extras.
Though Dunn has been slumping of late, the homers were number 32 and 33 on the year, putting the Donkey back on top of the major league home run standings. He also has driven in 78. He still stands a great shot of winning the Three True Outcomes triple crown, leading the league in homers, strikeouts and walks.
I love such a definitive, all-or-nothing player. How can you not?
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 21
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)