Aug 14, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
Adam Dunn hit two home runs last night, but one of them was absolutely murderized. Apologies for the Hawk Harrelson commentary:
Dunn’s homers came in a losing effort, but each came at key times, tying the game up in the fourth inning and again in the ninth to force extras.
Though Dunn has been slumping of late, the homers were number 32 and 33 on the year, putting the Donkey back on top of the major league home run standings. He also has driven in 78. He still stands a great shot of winning the Three True Outcomes triple crown, leading the league in homers, strikeouts and walks.
I love such a definitive, all-or-nothing player. How can you not?
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12