Aug 14, 2012, 1:33 PM EST
As expected the A’s have placed third baseman Brandon Inge on the disabled list with a dislocated shoulder suffered in Saturday’s game.
Inge has been terrible offensively despite a hot start with the A’s, hitting just .224 with a .669 OPS in 73 games, although as usual his defense at third base has been solid. In fact, his ability to make a diving stop on a ball hit down the third base line led to the injury.
All of which is mostly just an excuse for me to mention that Inge claims this is the 16th or 17th time he’s dislocated his shoulder–Mel Gibson’s character from Lethal Weapon still holds the all-time record, but just barely–and popped his own shoulder back into place on the field moments after the injury Saturday.
Seriously, here’s the MLB.com video:
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 272
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (275)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)