Aug 14, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
As expected the A’s have placed third baseman Brandon Inge on the disabled list with a dislocated shoulder suffered in Saturday’s game.
Inge has been terrible offensively despite a hot start with the A’s, hitting just .224 with a .669 OPS in 73 games, although as usual his defense at third base has been solid. In fact, his ability to make a diving stop on a ball hit down the third base line led to the injury.
All of which is mostly just an excuse for me to mention that Inge claims this is the 16th or 17th time he’s dislocated his shoulder–Mel Gibson’s character from Lethal Weapon still holds the all-time record, but just barely–and popped his own shoulder back into place on the field moments after the injury Saturday.
Seriously, here’s the MLB.com video:
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (196)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)