Aug 14, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
As expected the A’s have placed third baseman Brandon Inge on the disabled list with a dislocated shoulder suffered in Saturday’s game.
Inge has been terrible offensively despite a hot start with the A’s, hitting just .224 with a .669 OPS in 73 games, although as usual his defense at third base has been solid. In fact, his ability to make a diving stop on a ball hit down the third base line led to the injury.
All of which is mostly just an excuse for me to mention that Inge claims this is the 16th or 17th time he’s dislocated his shoulder–Mel Gibson’s character from Lethal Weapon still holds the all-time record, but just barely–and popped his own shoulder back into place on the field moments after the injury Saturday.
Seriously, here’s the MLB.com video:
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 21
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)