Aug 14, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
As expected the A’s have placed third baseman Brandon Inge on the disabled list with a dislocated shoulder suffered in Saturday’s game.
Inge has been terrible offensively despite a hot start with the A’s, hitting just .224 with a .669 OPS in 73 games, although as usual his defense at third base has been solid. In fact, his ability to make a diving stop on a ball hit down the third base line led to the injury.
All of which is mostly just an excuse for me to mention that Inge claims this is the 16th or 17th time he’s dislocated his shoulder–Mel Gibson’s character from Lethal Weapon still holds the all-time record, but just barely–and popped his own shoulder back into place on the field moments after the injury Saturday.
Seriously, here’s the MLB.com video:
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)