Aug 14, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
St. Louis has placed left-hander Brian Fuentes on the restricted list for an undisclosed personal reason, calling up Trevor Rosenthal from Triple-A to take his place on the roster.
Fuentes signed with the Cardinals last month after being released by the A’s and Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that the 37-year-old “informed them he needed to step away from the team.”
Fuentes has appeared in six games for the Cardinals, allowing five runs in five innings to push his overall ERA to 7.20 ERA this season. No word yet on how long he’s expected to be away from the team.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 41
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 32
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)