Aug 14, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
St. Louis has placed left-hander Brian Fuentes on the restricted list for an undisclosed personal reason, calling up Trevor Rosenthal from Triple-A to take his place on the roster.
Fuentes signed with the Cardinals last month after being released by the A’s and Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that the 37-year-old “informed them he needed to step away from the team.”
Fuentes has appeared in six games for the Cardinals, allowing five runs in five innings to push his overall ERA to 7.20 ERA this season. No word yet on how long he’s expected to be away from the team.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead