Aug 14, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
St. Louis has placed left-hander Brian Fuentes on the restricted list for an undisclosed personal reason, calling up Trevor Rosenthal from Triple-A to take his place on the roster.
Fuentes signed with the Cardinals last month after being released by the A’s and Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that the 37-year-old “informed them he needed to step away from the team.”
Fuentes has appeared in six games for the Cardinals, allowing five runs in five innings to push his overall ERA to 7.20 ERA this season. No word yet on how long he’s expected to be away from the team.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 0
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)