Aug 14, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
St. Louis has placed left-hander Brian Fuentes on the restricted list for an undisclosed personal reason, calling up Trevor Rosenthal from Triple-A to take his place on the roster.
Fuentes signed with the Cardinals last month after being released by the A’s and Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that the 37-year-old “informed them he needed to step away from the team.”
Fuentes has appeared in six games for the Cardinals, allowing five runs in five innings to push his overall ERA to 7.20 ERA this season. No word yet on how long he’s expected to be away from the team.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)