Great Moments in Self-Promotion: I’ll be on the NBC SportsTalk tonight and tomorrow

Aug 14, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT

old TV

Now that the Olympics are over, NBC SportsTalk is back on the NBC Sports Network. It returns tonight, and I’ll be on it — tonight and tomorrow night — sitting at the desk in my little blue blazer, live at 6PM Eastern time.

Note: to keep it real, I’m going full-blogger with it, though, and will not be wearing pants. You won’t be able to see it thanks to the desk, but I assure you, I’ll be all natural down there.  It’ll definitely improve my TV performance.

What will we talk about? I dunno. We’ll figure it out before the show. It’ll mostly be baseball, of course, but the last time I was on we had me, a former NFL quarterback and a former NFL offensive lineman talking about NBA free agency, so that was special. I’m gonna press hard for team handball and dressage. We have the footage in the can, so why not?

Anyway, I’m off to catch a plane.  I will be wearing pants for the flight. Homeland Security HATES it when you fly pantsless. Or so I’m told.

1. cleverbob - Aug 14, 2012 at 10:32 AM

You should wear your bathrobe. And bring the pipe for added effect.

2. rooney24 - Aug 14, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Given that you pointed out you won’t be wearing pants,it sounds like there may be handball action,………whether or not you get to discussing Olympic team handball.

3. hokiegajanisgod - Aug 14, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Please wear you some pantaloons Mr. Calcaterra. Just make sure they’re:

- not too tight (unless you’re living in Brooklyn)
    - not too silly (unless you’re living in Brooklyn)

4. mybrunoblog - Aug 14, 2012 at 12:32 PM

No problem going without pants. I don’t even think that’s illegal anymore. Been a lot of changes in the law. It’s all ball bearings now.

5. cur68 - Aug 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Gonna bring George, too? Its not blogging without George there to bounce ideas off of.

Harper vs. Trout? It's just the opening act