Aug 14, 2012, 8:52 AM EST
I think Texas will be fine. Their offense is good, the Angels are sliding and I’m still not sold on the A’s as strong contenders. But it’s hard not to notice how poorly their big trade deadline acquisition is working out so far.
Ryan Dempster got lit up again last night, with the Yankees tagging him for eight runs on nine hits in six innings. In his three starts since the trade, he’s allowed 19 runs on 24 hits in seventeen and a third innings. Three of those were unearned runs, but they did come on a three-run homer he served up.
Whether this is merely a bump in the road or, rather, an acute case of Can’t-Hack-The-American-League-itis, this was not what the Rangers had in mind when they gave up a couple of nice prospects for him.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 69
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 23
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)