Aug 14, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
I think Texas will be fine. Their offense is good, the Angels are sliding and I’m still not sold on the A’s as strong contenders. But it’s hard not to notice how poorly their big trade deadline acquisition is working out so far.
Ryan Dempster got lit up again last night, with the Yankees tagging him for eight runs on nine hits in six innings. In his three starts since the trade, he’s allowed 19 runs on 24 hits in seventeen and a third innings. Three of those were unearned runs, but they did come on a three-run homer he served up.
Whether this is merely a bump in the road or, rather, an acute case of Can’t-Hack-The-American-League-itis, this was not what the Rangers had in mind when they gave up a couple of nice prospects for him.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final