Aug 14, 2012, 8:52 AM EST
I think Texas will be fine. Their offense is good, the Angels are sliding and I’m still not sold on the A’s as strong contenders. But it’s hard not to notice how poorly their big trade deadline acquisition is working out so far.
Ryan Dempster got lit up again last night, with the Yankees tagging him for eight runs on nine hits in six innings. In his three starts since the trade, he’s allowed 19 runs on 24 hits in seventeen and a third innings. Three of those were unearned runs, but they did come on a three-run homer he served up.
Whether this is merely a bump in the road or, rather, an acute case of Can’t-Hack-The-American-League-itis, this was not what the Rangers had in mind when they gave up a couple of nice prospects for him.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 31
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 37
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)