Aug 14, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
I think Texas will be fine. Their offense is good, the Angels are sliding and I’m still not sold on the A’s as strong contenders. But it’s hard not to notice how poorly their big trade deadline acquisition is working out so far.
Ryan Dempster got lit up again last night, with the Yankees tagging him for eight runs on nine hits in six innings. In his three starts since the trade, he’s allowed 19 runs on 24 hits in seventeen and a third innings. Three of those were unearned runs, but they did come on a three-run homer he served up.
Whether this is merely a bump in the road or, rather, an acute case of Can’t-Hack-The-American-League-itis, this was not what the Rangers had in mind when they gave up a couple of nice prospects for him.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 8
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 35
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)