Aug 14, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
I think Texas will be fine. Their offense is good, the Angels are sliding and I’m still not sold on the A’s as strong contenders. But it’s hard not to notice how poorly their big trade deadline acquisition is working out so far.
Ryan Dempster got lit up again last night, with the Yankees tagging him for eight runs on nine hits in six innings. In his three starts since the trade, he’s allowed 19 runs on 24 hits in seventeen and a third innings. Three of those were unearned runs, but they did come on a three-run homer he served up.
Whether this is merely a bump in the road or, rather, an acute case of Can’t-Hack-The-American-League-itis, this was not what the Rangers had in mind when they gave up a couple of nice prospects for him.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11