Aug 15, 2012, 10:17 AM EDT
After a series of injuries and surgeries that made everyone this side of Rich Harden say “damn!” Ben Sheets has been pretty effective since his comeback with the Braves began. But he did get beat up on Sunday, and it was suggested that perhaps he had dead arm.
Dave O’Brien of the AJC reports, however, that it’s a far greater problem:
But Sheets said Tuesday he would characterize it more as “dead body” now that he’s six starts into his comeback after two years out of baseball following multiple elbow operations.
“My whole body felt dead,” Sheets said. “I was like ‘Weekend at Bernie’s’ guy. I was like Bernie.”
Except there’s no lovely 1980s-era Catherine Mary Stewart to keep us interested in these proceedings.
Um, I may have said too much there. I’ll be back later. Gonna go watch “Night of the Comet” for the 500th time.
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million