Chad Curtis has another charge filed against him

Aug 15, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT

Chad Curtis AP

In June we learned that Chad Curtis will stand trial in Michigan on five counts of criminal sexual conduct.  Let’s make it an even six:

In June, the 43-year-old was ordered to stand trial on charges he inappropriately touched two students at a school where he was a volunteer strength trainer. Barry County prosecutors this week said a criminal sexual conduct count involving another female student was added.

This, I will never tire of repeating, is the same guy who basically got kicked off the Yankees for accusing Derek Jeter of having moral failings due to his dating and socializing habits.

1. yankeesgameday - Aug 15, 2012 at 11:18 AM

And he’s still refusing to talk to Jim Gray

2. frenchysplatediscipline - Aug 15, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Where does the above quote come from? Surely not the dead link you provided…

3. jkay1818 - Aug 15, 2012 at 11:42 AM

You’re right, im glad you repeat that in your chad curtis articles. This is the guy who didnt care for Jeter in his 20’s going out and dating hot women and blew a gasket when there were inappropriate magazines in the clubhouse.

• kkolchak - Aug 15, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Just another reminder that the guy you have to keep your eye on as a likely pervert is the guy who acts the most sexually repressed.

• bklynbaseball - Aug 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Wasn’t this the guy who also called out Jetes for standing on second talking to then-Seattle-Mariner A-Rod during a benches-clearing discussion in Seattle back in the day?? Called Jeter out in the post game interview, and was gone roughly 48 hours later…..Nice….

4. Old Gator - Aug 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I disapproved of Jeter’s dating habits as well. He didn’t leave any of those women for me.

• lazlosother - Aug 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Me neither, but the gift basket tip has been aces.

5. aceshigh11 - Aug 15, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Another Christian conservative scumbag goes down. I love it when this stuff happens.

• Old Gator - Aug 15, 2012 at 1:57 PM

It is delicious, isn’t it? I can’t wait till they catch Michelle Bachmann with Glenn Rice.

• mj2sexay - Aug 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Honestly, eat $*!t. I’m a Christian and a conservative, and would never remark on the religion or lack there of of anyone in this situation whether they be atheist, agnostic, jewish, muslim whatever. It has nothing to do with anything. There’s scumbags on both sides of the ledger, plain and simple.

And as a Yankee fan, I couldn’t stand Curtis when he was on the team because aside from one home run off Mike Remlinger (or was it Terry Mulholland? can’t remember) he was a mediocre player with a short fuse. As a christian and a Jets fan, I like Tebow the person for his humility and self-awareness, but rest assured I’m not blindly clamoring for him to start, like so many in this country blindly hate on him because they don’t share his beliefs. It makes me sick. It’d be like if I hated on Megan Rapinoe because she’s gay instead of independently judging her by her accomplishments in soccer and leaving the personal stuff out of it.

• tfbuckfutter - Aug 15, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Hahaha…

May be the only time I’ve seen “honestly eat shit” followed by “I’m a Christian.”

Oh….”And as a Yankee fan”

That explains it.

• Old Gator - Aug 15, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Matter of fack, Curtis isn’t being ragged because he’s a Christian; he’s being ragged because he’s a sanctimonious hypocrite. If Evangelicals are getting frayed about the contempt and ridicule with which they are so often greeted, maybe they should climb down of their pedestals of bullshit and, like the Psalm sayeth, practice their faith in quietness and confidence instead of judging their fellowmen like a bunch of blowhards.

6. mj2sexay - Aug 15, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Are you going to honestly sit there and deny that Tebow doesn’t get undo hatred because of his beliefs? If you are I have a beautiful beach residence in Ohio I’d love to sell you.

I know being both of the things I said put me in the direct minority of people that read this site, but it gets to be grating when people take pot-shots at an entire faith because of a bad egg. It’s been reported that James Holmes was a registered Democrat and an atheist. Does that mean every Democrat/atheist is an imbalanced psycho that’s going to shoot up a movie theater?

“As a Yankee fan” explains nothing besides the fact that I’m quite used to watching winning baseball. Wasn’t always this way though, after all Stump Merrill says hello.

• tfbuckfutter - Aug 15, 2012 at 3:12 PM

You’re the only one that mentioned Tebow. And you’re still the only one mentioning Tebow.

Why you wanna talk about Tebow so bad?

• mj2sexay - Aug 15, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Because he’s a prime example of someone who’s being hated on for his beliefs, yet somehow it’s deemed acceptable. I can’t tell you how many times when he was a Bronco last year people would harp on him being religious as if it’s not just a bad thing, but the WORST thing someone could be. It’s disgusting, and the fact that all you took out of my second response is the Tebow example when it was such a small part, just shows you can’t debate the fact that the initial comment was uncalled for. I stand by my statement. Chad Curtis is a POS period. Bringing in religion or race is an intentionally divisive tactic when you consider that there are people from all walks of life that suck a fat one.

• tfbuckfutter - Aug 15, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I think we can all agree….

The persecution the Christians in this country face is abominable.

In fact, I hear there is a movement afoot to prevent them from even being allowed to marry. Can you imagine the bigotry?

• Old Gator - Aug 15, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Tebow isn’t being “hated on” – a stupid expression perfectly suited to the Twitter age of semi-literacy if ever there was one, as opposed to the much simpler “hated” – for his beliefs. I doubt if many of us who don’t share them could care less about his beliefs one way or another. He’s being ridiculed for his bombastic display of them every time he thinks he’s done something right. He seems to think he’s the latterday Eric Liddell, although Liddell knew how to harness his faith for the race but save the blather for after the meet. Whereas I appreciate him for his unconventional playing style, I’d be a little less critical of Tebow’s asinine displays – but just a little – if he’d do a bit of “Tebowing” after getting the wind and a variety of excretia knocked out of him by a crushing QB sack. You know, thanks Big Fella Upstairs for the learning experience?

7. mj2sexay - Aug 15, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I sense your sarcasm, and fully understand the fact that there are people who are much worse off then I because of who they are. As we all hopefully learned from a young age, hating people based SOLELY on orientation, religion, race, etc. is wrong in any facet. However, again if this was a gay athlete do you think ANYONE would say anything derogatory in the comments section? If they did they’d be rightfully flamed immediately. But because Chad happens to be a Christian, it’s ok to make a generalization about the 2 billion people world-wide that happen to be like-minded.

The comment was uncalled for. End of story. When Anthony Weiner got caught pulling a Favre, the fact that he’s a Jewish Democrat had nothing to do with the fact that he lied. For anyone to say “typical Jewish lefty” based on that instance is not only doing the EXACT same thing being said in reverse on this very board, it’s also profoundly ignorant.

• Old Gator - Aug 15, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Not the end of story. The two billion Christians of the world weren’t the subject of the original post. The contingent, however large or small, of the sanctimonious, judgmental, callin’ down hellfire and brimstone, if you ain’t with us you’re a pervert agin’ us Christians were. And they were the subject of our derision not because they’re Christian per se but because they’re holier-than-thou xenophobes, quick to call everyone else all sorts of unflattering names and then go into paroxysms of “ooooohhhh, you insulted my religion” when called out for the assholes they really are.

Alex Gordon, MVP candidate