Aug 15, 2012, 12:21 PM EDT
You’d think this would come from the low minors, but it’s from Triple-A. Either way, it’s fantastic:
- Team on a bad skid is getting killed.
- Other team has dumb celebration ritual that, while harmless, makes losing team mad.
- Managers bark at each other.
- Pitcher for losing team throws ball at hitter, gets himself and manager ejected.
- Manager yells at pitcher for being immature.
- Pitcher says “screw it, I quit.” And literally quits baseball. For good.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)