Aug 15, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
Not gonna say it’s been a bad year for the Marlins, but …
With injuries and trades decimating Miami’s lineup, manager Ozzie Guillen admitted he has considered some drastic changes to his club.
“I almost activated myself a couple days ago,” Guillen joked. “I can catch it and throw it; I don’t know if I can hit it.”
Dude, at .264/.287/.338 for a career that ended 12 years ago, no, I’m guessing not.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 44
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 74
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)