Aug 15, 2012, 11:48 AM EDT
A reminder: though the Madoff stuff is over and though the Wilpons are no longer in danger of losing the team, the Mets are still facing a serious financial crunch and are seeing attendance continue to decrease. Brian Costa lays out the landscape for the Metropolitans over at WSJ.
For a team that has already slashed payroll, has many holes to fill for 2013 and somehow has to sign David Wright to a big deal sometime soon, the future looks pretty murky.
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 0
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 47
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)