Aug 15, 2012, 11:48 AM EDT
A reminder: though the Madoff stuff is over and though the Wilpons are no longer in danger of losing the team, the Mets are still facing a serious financial crunch and are seeing attendance continue to decrease. Brian Costa lays out the landscape for the Metropolitans over at WSJ.
For a team that has already slashed payroll, has many holes to fill for 2013 and somehow has to sign David Wright to a big deal sometime soon, the future looks pretty murky.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 20
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)