Aug 15, 2012, 11:48 AM EDT
A reminder: though the Madoff stuff is over and though the Wilpons are no longer in danger of losing the team, the Mets are still facing a serious financial crunch and are seeing attendance continue to decrease. Brian Costa lays out the landscape for the Metropolitans over at WSJ.
For a team that has already slashed payroll, has many holes to fill for 2013 and somehow has to sign David Wright to a big deal sometime soon, the future looks pretty murky.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 112
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (114)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)