Aug 15, 2012, 11:48 AM EDT
A reminder: though the Madoff stuff is over and though the Wilpons are no longer in danger of losing the team, the Mets are still facing a serious financial crunch and are seeing attendance continue to decrease. Brian Costa lays out the landscape for the Metropolitans over at WSJ.
For a team that has already slashed payroll, has many holes to fill for 2013 and somehow has to sign David Wright to a big deal sometime soon, the future looks pretty murky.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17