Aug 15, 2012, 11:48 AM EDT
A reminder: though the Madoff stuff is over and though the Wilpons are no longer in danger of losing the team, the Mets are still facing a serious financial crunch and are seeing attendance continue to decrease. Brian Costa lays out the landscape for the Metropolitans over at WSJ.
For a team that has already slashed payroll, has many holes to fill for 2013 and somehow has to sign David Wright to a big deal sometime soon, the future looks pretty murky.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)