Aug 15, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
The Double-A Jackson Generals — who play their home games in Jackson, Tennessee — were over 2,300 miles away from the mound at Seattle’s Safeco Field when Mariners ace Felix Hernandez finished off his perfect game against the Rays on Wednesday afternoon. But they celebrated like they were there:
As Zach Sanders of FanGraphs correctly points out, Hernandez’s older brother Moises currently serves as a middle reliever for Jackson. Which helps explain the excitement level — if it needed an explanation.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17