Aug 15, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
The Double-A Jackson Generals — who play their home games in Jackson, Tennessee — were over 2,300 miles away from the mound at Seattle’s Safeco Field when Mariners ace Felix Hernandez finished off his perfect game against the Rays on Wednesday afternoon. But they celebrated like they were there:
As Zach Sanders of FanGraphs correctly points out, Hernandez’s older brother Moises currently serves as a middle reliever for Jackson. Which helps explain the excitement level — if it needed an explanation.
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 20
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 72
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 46
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48