Aug 16, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
Last November, you’ll recall, Mariners outfielder Greg Halman was stabbed to death in his Rotterdam apartment. Arrested for the stabbing and charged with manslaughter was Halman’s brother, Jason Halman. There were no other suspects. Dutch authorities, however, have released Jason Halman:
A Dutch court has ordered the brother of slain former Seattle Mariners outfielder Greg Halman provisionally released after prosecutors joined the defense in asking for his acquittal on manslaughter charges.
The basis: psychiatrists said he was having a psychotic episode at the time of the killing. The court will rule on August 30 if the acquittal will go forward. For now Jason Halman is free and, in all likelihood, he will remain free. Though no matter what comes of this, it is in no way a happy ending for anyone.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11