Aug 16, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
Last November, you’ll recall, Mariners outfielder Greg Halman was stabbed to death in his Rotterdam apartment. Arrested for the stabbing and charged with manslaughter was Halman’s brother, Jason Halman. There were no other suspects. Dutch authorities, however, have released Jason Halman:
A Dutch court has ordered the brother of slain former Seattle Mariners outfielder Greg Halman provisionally released after prosecutors joined the defense in asking for his acquittal on manslaughter charges.
The basis: psychiatrists said he was having a psychotic episode at the time of the killing. The court will rule on August 30 if the acquittal will go forward. For now Jason Halman is free and, in all likelihood, he will remain free. Though no matter what comes of this, it is in no way a happy ending for anyone.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (76)