Aug 16, 2012, 10:27 PM EST
Jose Bautista is finally making steady progress in his rehabilitation from left wrist inflammation.
According to Shi Davidi of Canada’s Sportsnet, the slugger was able to take live batting practice off Blue Jays manager John Farrell on Thursday at Rogers Centre in Toronto and is on track to begin a minor league rehab assignment early next week.
Bautista will spend Friday in recovery mode before participating in normal pregame workouts with his teammates on Saturday and Sunday. If he’s still feeling strong at that point, he should get clearance to head to one of the Blue Jays’ minor league affiliates on Monday or Tuesday.
“Joey Bats” has been out of commission since mid-July. He has an .894 OPS and 27 homers this season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)