Aug 16, 2012, 11:29 PM EDT
Thursday’s game between the White Sox and Blue Jays was delayed after a fan went into cardiac arrest down the left-field line at Rogers Centre. He was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
According to “the man in white,” who was tweeting from the game, a fan performed CPR on the ailing man first and then medics took over after reaching his location. Medics continued to perform CPR as he was carted off the field, and the game resumed after he was taken off. City-TV reported after the game that he died in the hospital.
The White Sox were on the field before the game was delayed.
“It was not a good sight,” White Sox third baseman Kevin Youkilis said afterwards. “I saw some medics jump out around the dugout and run over. Then I saw a doctor or whoever was going, just pushing on the chest over and over and over. I thought maybe they were reviving him and then they next thing you know, they kept going and going.”
The identity of the man has yet to be released.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)