Aug 16, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
Matt Kemp may soon get a couple of involuntary days off and may find his wallet lighter. Because in today’s Dodgers-Pirates game he (a) started arguing balls and strikes with the ump; (b) was ejected; and (c) apparently bumped the ump a bit during the confrontation.
Don Mattingly came out of the dugout when the Kemp-ump confrontation got going and Mattingly got himself ejected too. I haven’t seen the video yet, but we’ll put it up once it’s available.
Best part: as Kemp was leaving the field, he was apparently dropping F-Bombs (thanks Gary Carter). At least based on this pic of a father covering his kid’s ears.
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 27
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 61
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 113
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)