Aug 16, 2012, 5:10 PM EST
Matt Kemp may soon get a couple of involuntary days off and may find his wallet lighter. Because in today’s Dodgers-Pirates game he (a) started arguing balls and strikes with the ump; (b) was ejected; and (c) apparently bumped the ump a bit during the confrontation.
Don Mattingly came out of the dugout when the Kemp-ump confrontation got going and Mattingly got himself ejected too. I haven’t seen the video yet, but we’ll put it up once it’s available.
Best part: as Kemp was leaving the field, he was apparently dropping F-Bombs (thanks Gary Carter). At least based on this pic of a father covering his kid’s ears.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 60
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 22
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)