Aug 16, 2012, 5:10 PM EST
Matt Kemp may soon get a couple of involuntary days off and may find his wallet lighter. Because in today’s Dodgers-Pirates game he (a) started arguing balls and strikes with the ump; (b) was ejected; and (c) apparently bumped the ump a bit during the confrontation.
Don Mattingly came out of the dugout when the Kemp-ump confrontation got going and Mattingly got himself ejected too. I haven’t seen the video yet, but we’ll put it up once it’s available.
Best part: as Kemp was leaving the field, he was apparently dropping F-Bombs (thanks Gary Carter). At least based on this pic of a father covering his kid’s ears.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 76
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (76)