Aug 16, 2012, 5:10 PM EST
Matt Kemp may soon get a couple of involuntary days off and may find his wallet lighter. Because in today’s Dodgers-Pirates game he (a) started arguing balls and strikes with the ump; (b) was ejected; and (c) apparently bumped the ump a bit during the confrontation.
Don Mattingly came out of the dugout when the Kemp-ump confrontation got going and Mattingly got himself ejected too. I haven’t seen the video yet, but we’ll put it up once it’s available.
Best part: as Kemp was leaving the field, he was apparently dropping F-Bombs (thanks Gary Carter). At least based on this pic of a father covering his kid’s ears.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)