Aug 16, 2012, 9:45 AM EDT
Konerko reported no problems while taking batting practice and playing catch Wednesday, and manager Robin Ventura indicated that he’ll serve as Chicago’s designated hitter versus the Royals (and Dyson).
If he’s able to return Friday that would mean Konerko will have missed seven games. Earlier this season Konerko also had a bone chip removed from his wrist and was hit in the face by a pitch, but in between injuries the 36-year-old has hit .316 with 18 homers and an .892 OPS in 101 games.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 64
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 47
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)