Aug 16, 2012, 9:45 AM EDT
Konerko reported no problems while taking batting practice and playing catch Wednesday, and manager Robin Ventura indicated that he’ll serve as Chicago’s designated hitter versus the Royals (and Dyson).
If he’s able to return Friday that would mean Konerko will have missed seven games. Earlier this season Konerko also had a bone chip removed from his wrist and was hit in the face by a pitch, but in between injuries the 36-year-old has hit .316 with 18 homers and an .892 OPS in 101 games.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)