Aug 16, 2012, 1:50 PM EST
Philadelphia gets right-hander Ryan O’Sullivan, who was Los Angeles’ fourth-round pick in the 2011 draft out of Oklahoma State and has spent this season throwing 89 innings with a 3.05 ERA and 55/31 K/BB ratio between two levels of Single-A.
Blanton is an impending free agent with a 4.61 ERA, so a recently drafted but pretty marginal prospect seems like a fair return.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)