Aug 16, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Philadelphia gets right-hander Ryan O’Sullivan, who was Los Angeles’ fourth-round pick in the 2011 draft out of Oklahoma State and has spent this season throwing 89 innings with a 3.05 ERA and 55/31 K/BB ratio between two levels of Single-A.
Blanton is an impending free agent with a 4.61 ERA, so a recently drafted but pretty marginal prospect seems like a fair return.
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 8
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 50
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 89
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (89)