Aug 16, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Philadelphia gets right-hander Ryan O’Sullivan, who was Los Angeles’ fourth-round pick in the 2011 draft out of Oklahoma State and has spent this season throwing 89 innings with a 3.05 ERA and 55/31 K/BB ratio between two levels of Single-A.
Blanton is an impending free agent with a 4.61 ERA, so a recently drafted but pretty marginal prospect seems like a fair return.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 8
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 55
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)