Aug 16, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Beato appeared in 60 games for the Mets last season and pitched decently as a 24-year-old rookie, but has spent most of this season at Triple-A with a 4.14 ERA and 27/11 K/BB ratio in 37 innings.
He was originally an Orioles first-round pick in 2006, going to the Mets as a Rule 5 pick in December of 2010.
So, basically the Red Sox and Mets swapped an impending free agent part-time catcher for a mediocre middle reliever under team control for a while.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 46
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (98)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)