Aug 16, 2012, 3:45 PM EST
Beato appeared in 60 games for the Mets last season and pitched decently as a 24-year-old rookie, but has spent most of this season at Triple-A with a 4.14 ERA and 27/11 K/BB ratio in 37 innings.
He was originally an Orioles first-round pick in 2006, going to the Mets as a Rule 5 pick in December of 2010.
So, basically the Red Sox and Mets swapped an impending free agent part-time catcher for a mediocre middle reliever under team control for a while.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)