Aug 16, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Beato appeared in 60 games for the Mets last season and pitched decently as a 24-year-old rookie, but has spent most of this season at Triple-A with a 4.14 ERA and 27/11 K/BB ratio in 37 innings.
He was originally an Orioles first-round pick in 2006, going to the Mets as a Rule 5 pick in December of 2010.
So, basically the Red Sox and Mets swapped an impending free agent part-time catcher for a mediocre middle reliever under team control for a while.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)