Aug 16, 2012, 3:23 PM EST
I swear on a stack of Bibles that yesterday, while I was hanging around the NBC Sports Network studio watching Felix Hernandez polish off his perfect game, I said aloud that a New York paper was guaranteed to run the classic “the Yankees need to acquire King Felix” story today. I said that I’d bet my life on it.
Extra bonus points for the “if the Boss was still alive …” angle, which means that this article combines two of the tabloids’ favorite tropes: (1) treating other teams as de facto members of the Yankees farm system; and (2) Boss deification.
Well played, Mr. Harper. Well played.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)