Aug 17, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
It took about seven minutes from the start of Friday’s Orioles-Tigers game for the home-plate umpire to cost Baltimore a run.
Nick Markakis was safe on a close play at home plate in the top of the first inning tonight, but he was called out by Tim Timmons, who actually might have blown two calls on the play; Markakis was trying to score on a Nate McLouth roller down the first-base line that actually looked like it was picked in foul territory. That it was ruled fair was Timmons’ call as well.
So, the Orioles lost at least one run to start off with, and now the Tigers have quickly taken a 1-0 lead on Miguel Cabrera‘s homer in the bottom of the first.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)