Aug 17, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Carl Pavano tried to pitch through a shoulder injury early on this season and was absolutely terrible, finally shutting things down in early June.
He’s made slow progress since then and based on his minor league rehab outing last night at Single-A it doesn’t like he’ll be rejoining the Twins for a while. Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that Pavano threw three scoreless innings, but his fastball topped out in the mid-80s.
Afterward the 36-year-old right-hander said his shoulder “feels better” but “I’d like to see the velocity come back a little more.”
Pavano had a 6.00 ERA in 11 starts before going on the disabled list and there’s obviously little chance of the Twins being able to trade the impending free agent before August 31, so Minnesota may not have a ton of motivation to push him back into the rotation.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)