Aug 17, 2012, 6:46 PM EDT
Apparently looking to save themselves some postage, the Pirates combined two announcements in one mailing to their season ticketholders this week.
Along with instructing Pirates fans how to buy their tickets for possible postseason games at PNC Park, the team also gave notice of its intention to jack up prices for 2013 ticket plans.
I’m guessing that’s not how the Yankees typically do it.
The Pirates, though, are new at this whole thing, so let’s give them a break. They haven’t even finished with a .500 record in any season since they last made the postseason in 1992. As things stand now, the Pirates, at 65-53, would be on the road in Atlanta for the one-game postseason series to determine who advances to the NLDS.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)