Aug 17, 2012, 6:46 PM EDT
Apparently looking to save themselves some postage, the Pirates combined two announcements in one mailing to their season ticketholders this week.
Along with instructing Pirates fans how to buy their tickets for possible postseason games at PNC Park, the team also gave notice of its intention to jack up prices for 2013 ticket plans.
I’m guessing that’s not how the Yankees typically do it.
The Pirates, though, are new at this whole thing, so let’s give them a break. They haven’t even finished with a .500 record in any season since they last made the postseason in 1992. As things stand now, the Pirates, at 65-53, would be on the road in Atlanta for the one-game postseason series to determine who advances to the NLDS.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 13
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)