Aug 17, 2012, 6:46 PM EST
Apparently looking to save themselves some postage, the Pirates combined two announcements in one mailing to their season ticketholders this week.
Along with instructing Pirates fans how to buy their tickets for possible postseason games at PNC Park, the team also gave notice of its intention to jack up prices for 2013 ticket plans.
I’m guessing that’s not how the Yankees typically do it.
The Pirates, though, are new at this whole thing, so let’s give them a break. They haven’t even finished with a .500 record in any season since they last made the postseason in 1992. As things stand now, the Pirates, at 65-53, would be on the road in Atlanta for the one-game postseason series to determine who advances to the NLDS.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)