Aug 17, 2012, 6:46 PM EDT
Apparently looking to save themselves some postage, the Pirates combined two announcements in one mailing to their season ticketholders this week.
Along with instructing Pirates fans how to buy their tickets for possible postseason games at PNC Park, the team also gave notice of its intention to jack up prices for 2013 ticket plans.
I’m guessing that’s not how the Yankees typically do it.
The Pirates, though, are new at this whole thing, so let’s give them a break. They haven’t even finished with a .500 record in any season since they last made the postseason in 1992. As things stand now, the Pirates, at 65-53, would be on the road in Atlanta for the one-game postseason series to determine who advances to the NLDS.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 29
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 78
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)