Aug 17, 2012, 6:46 PM EDT
Apparently looking to save themselves some postage, the Pirates combined two announcements in one mailing to their season ticketholders this week.
Along with instructing Pirates fans how to buy their tickets for possible postseason games at PNC Park, the team also gave notice of its intention to jack up prices for 2013 ticket plans.
I’m guessing that’s not how the Yankees typically do it.
The Pirates, though, are new at this whole thing, so let’s give them a break. They haven’t even finished with a .500 record in any season since they last made the postseason in 1992. As things stand now, the Pirates, at 65-53, would be on the road in Atlanta for the one-game postseason series to determine who advances to the NLDS.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 19
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 128
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (130)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)