Aug 17, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
Apparently FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal wanted a piggy-back ride.
Rosenthal is the best breaking-news MLB reporter around right now, but he has absolutely nothing new to offer in his column Friday firing off one-liners at the Red Sox…
Spoiled, overpaid, underperforming children who should be seen and not heard.
Pedroia was Francona’s pet (for good reason)
David Ortiz, at times, is a unifying force. Other times, he prefers to bitch about his contract.
Rosenthal mentions Jeff Passan’s Yahoo! Sports column — the one that got the whole uproar started this week — but doesn’t link to it, even though it forms the backbone for his entire work here. He doesn’t mention Peter Abraham’s subsequent work for Boston.com, even though I imagine he read it and was influenced by it. Abraham’s line about the Red Sox not having reached the postseason since 2009 or won a playoff game since 2008 is present in both.
By all means, go read Rosenthal’s column if you’ve yet to get your daily dose of Red Sox schadenfreude. If you’re all set there, then don’t worry about it; you’re not missing much.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45