Aug 17, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
Apparently FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal wanted a piggy-back ride.
Rosenthal is the best breaking-news MLB reporter around right now, but he has absolutely nothing new to offer in his column Friday firing off one-liners at the Red Sox…
Spoiled, overpaid, underperforming children who should be seen and not heard.
Pedroia was Francona’s pet (for good reason)
David Ortiz, at times, is a unifying force. Other times, he prefers to bitch about his contract.
Rosenthal mentions Jeff Passan’s Yahoo! Sports column — the one that got the whole uproar started this week — but doesn’t link to it, even though it forms the backbone for his entire work here. He doesn’t mention Peter Abraham’s subsequent work for Boston.com, even though I imagine he read it and was influenced by it. Abraham’s line about the Red Sox not having reached the postseason since 2009 or won a playoff game since 2008 is present in both.
By all means, go read Rosenthal’s column if you’ve yet to get your daily dose of Red Sox schadenfreude. If you’re all set there, then don’t worry about it; you’re not missing much.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 9
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 9
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)