Aug 17, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
Apparently FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal wanted a piggy-back ride.
Rosenthal is the best breaking-news MLB reporter around right now, but he has absolutely nothing new to offer in his column Friday firing off one-liners at the Red Sox…
Spoiled, overpaid, underperforming children who should be seen and not heard.
Pedroia was Francona’s pet (for good reason)
David Ortiz, at times, is a unifying force. Other times, he prefers to bitch about his contract.
Rosenthal mentions Jeff Passan’s Yahoo! Sports column — the one that got the whole uproar started this week — but doesn’t link to it, even though it forms the backbone for his entire work here. He doesn’t mention Peter Abraham’s subsequent work for Boston.com, even though I imagine he read it and was influenced by it. Abraham’s line about the Red Sox not having reached the postseason since 2009 or won a playoff game since 2008 is present in both.
By all means, go read Rosenthal’s column if you’ve yet to get your daily dose of Red Sox schadenfreude. If you’re all set there, then don’t worry about it; you’re not missing much.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)