Aug 17, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
As expected Paul Konerko is back in the White Sox’s lineup for tonight’s game, returning after missing 10 days with a concussion.
He’ll likely take things slow at first, serving as Chicago’s designated hitter instead of playing his usual first base, but Konerko reported no problems after taking batting practice earlier this week.
Konerko has been very productive this season, hitting .316 with 18 homers and an .892 OPS in 101 games at age 36, but the White Sox managed to go 5-3 in his absence to stay ahead of the Tigers in the AL Central.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)