Aug 17, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
As expected Paul Konerko is back in the White Sox’s lineup for tonight’s game, returning after missing 10 days with a concussion.
He’ll likely take things slow at first, serving as Chicago’s designated hitter instead of playing his usual first base, but Konerko reported no problems after taking batting practice earlier this week.
Konerko has been very productive this season, hitting .316 with 18 homers and an .892 OPS in 101 games at age 36, but the White Sox managed to go 5-3 in his absence to stay ahead of the Tigers in the AL Central.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12