Aug 17, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
As expected Paul Konerko is back in the White Sox’s lineup for tonight’s game, returning after missing 10 days with a concussion.
He’ll likely take things slow at first, serving as Chicago’s designated hitter instead of playing his usual first base, but Konerko reported no problems after taking batting practice earlier this week.
Konerko has been very productive this season, hitting .316 with 18 homers and an .892 OPS in 101 games at age 36, but the White Sox managed to go 5-3 in his absence to stay ahead of the Tigers in the AL Central.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)