Aug 17, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
Roy Oswalt will take his place, starting for the first time since July 30.
Dempster has been awful since coming to the Rangers in a trade from the Cubs, allowing 19 runs in 17 innings spread over three starts. And Oswalt wasn’t much better before being demoted to the bullpen, posting a 5.52 ERA in seven starts after joining the rotation in mid-June.
An impending free agent, Dempster signed off on a deal to the Rangers after the Braves and Dodgers also made a run at him prior to the July 31 deadline. Texas gave up minor leaguers Christian Villanueva and Kyle Hendricks to get him.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)