Aug 18, 2012, 7:53 PM EDT
Thoughts are with Carlos Gonzalez and his family.
The outfielder revealed through his personal Twitter feed this afternoon that his grandfather passed away on Friday. He’s been placed on MLB’s bereavement list to attend the funeral, with Charlie Blackmon getting the call from Triple-A Colorado Springs to fill the vacancy on the Rockies’ active 25-man roster.
CarGo is having another fantastic season, batting .320/.389/.542 with 20 home runs, 79 RBI and 16 stolen bases in 108 games played. The 26-year-old from Venezuela should not be expected back this weekend. The Rox will give him all the time he needs.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 2
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 20
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)