Aug 18, 2012, 7:53 PM EDT
Thoughts are with Carlos Gonzalez and his family.
The outfielder revealed through his personal Twitter feed this afternoon that his grandfather passed away on Friday. He’s been placed on MLB’s bereavement list to attend the funeral, with Charlie Blackmon getting the call from Triple-A Colorado Springs to fill the vacancy on the Rockies’ active 25-man roster.
CarGo is having another fantastic season, batting .320/.389/.542 with 20 home runs, 79 RBI and 16 stolen bases in 108 games played. The 26-year-old from Venezuela should not be expected back this weekend. The Rox will give him all the time he needs.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 28
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)