Aug 18, 2012, 12:23 PM EDT
The three walks were actually a career-high for Francoeur. The free-swinging outfielder came into last night’s action with just 20 walks all season. He had drawn two walks in a game 18 previous times in his career, but never three.
Before you think that Francoeur is turning a new leaf at the plate, just realize that two of the walks were intentional. Perhaps the real headline here should be, “White Sox intentionally walk Jeff Francoeur twice for some reason.” To be fair, Chris Sale was able to work out of scoring threats both times he gave free passes to our old friend Frenchy. Still, this moment is worth filing away for posterity’s sake.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 0
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)