Aug 18, 2012, 12:23 PM EST
The three walks were actually a career-high for Francoeur. The free-swinging outfielder came into last night’s action with just 20 walks all season. He had drawn two walks in a game 18 previous times in his career, but never three.
Before you think that Francoeur is turning a new leaf at the plate, just realize that two of the walks were intentional. Perhaps the real headline here should be, “White Sox intentionally walk Jeff Francoeur twice for some reason.” To be fair, Chris Sale was able to work out of scoring threats both times he gave free passes to our old friend Frenchy. Still, this moment is worth filing away for posterity’s sake.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (74)