Aug 18, 2012, 12:23 PM EDT
The three walks were actually a career-high for Francoeur. The free-swinging outfielder came into last night’s action with just 20 walks all season. He had drawn two walks in a game 18 previous times in his career, but never three.
Before you think that Francoeur is turning a new leaf at the plate, just realize that two of the walks were intentional. Perhaps the real headline here should be, “White Sox intentionally walk Jeff Francoeur twice for some reason.” To be fair, Chris Sale was able to work out of scoring threats both times he gave free passes to our old friend Frenchy. Still, this moment is worth filing away for posterity’s sake.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17