Aug 18, 2012, 2:05 PM EDT
Ryan Dempster was placed on the restricted list yesterday after leaving the team for personal reasons, but it turns out that he will not require an extended absence.
According to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, Dempster will return to start Monday against the Orioles. Roy Oswalt, who was banished to the bullpen last month after struggling to the tune of a 6.49 ERA in six starts, made a spot start in his place afternoon against the Blue Jays.
Dempster has really struggled since being acquired from the Cubs late last month, giving up 19 runs in 17 innings over three starts. He allowed 19 runs total over his first nine starts this season.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 7
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 30
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (203)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)