Aug 18, 2012, 2:05 PM EDT
Ryan Dempster was placed on the restricted list yesterday after leaving the team for personal reasons, but it turns out that he will not require an extended absence.
According to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, Dempster will return to start Monday against the Orioles. Roy Oswalt, who was banished to the bullpen last month after struggling to the tune of a 6.49 ERA in six starts, made a spot start in his place afternoon against the Blue Jays.
Dempster has really struggled since being acquired from the Cubs late last month, giving up 19 runs in 17 innings over three starts. He allowed 19 runs total over his first nine starts this season.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)