Aug 18, 2012, 2:05 PM EDT
Ryan Dempster was placed on the restricted list yesterday after leaving the team for personal reasons, but it turns out that he will not require an extended absence.
According to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, Dempster will return to start Monday against the Orioles. Roy Oswalt, who was banished to the bullpen last month after struggling to the tune of a 6.49 ERA in six starts, made a spot start in his place afternoon against the Blue Jays.
Dempster has really struggled since being acquired from the Cubs late last month, giving up 19 runs in 17 innings over three starts. He allowed 19 runs total over his first nine starts this season.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 13
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (95)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)