Aug 18, 2012, 2:05 PM EDT
Ryan Dempster was placed on the restricted list yesterday after leaving the team for personal reasons, but it turns out that he will not require an extended absence.
According to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, Dempster will return to start Monday against the Orioles. Roy Oswalt, who was banished to the bullpen last month after struggling to the tune of a 6.49 ERA in six starts, made a spot start in his place afternoon against the Blue Jays.
Dempster has really struggled since being acquired from the Cubs late last month, giving up 19 runs in 17 innings over three starts. He allowed 19 runs total over his first nine starts this season.
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 10
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 4
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 22
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car