Aug 18, 2012, 2:05 PM EDT
Ryan Dempster was placed on the restricted list yesterday after leaving the team for personal reasons, but it turns out that he will not require an extended absence.
According to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, Dempster will return to start Monday against the Orioles. Roy Oswalt, who was banished to the bullpen last month after struggling to the tune of a 6.49 ERA in six starts, made a spot start in his place afternoon against the Blue Jays.
Dempster has really struggled since being acquired from the Cubs late last month, giving up 19 runs in 17 innings over three starts. He allowed 19 runs total over his first nine starts this season.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 1
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 52
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)