Aug 19, 2012, 12:36 PM EST
Michael Cuddyer missed the first couple weeks of August while in recovery from a strained right oblique. Now he’ll also miss the final two.
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Cuddyer re-injured his right oblique on Saturday night in the Rockies’ 6-5 loss to the Marlins and was placed back on the 15-day disabled list Sunday morning after just three games on the active roster.
“It’s beyond frustrating,” Cuddyer told the Post on Sunday. “I felt so good. Felt good on the rehab. Felt good the past two days. Felt good my first two at-bats. Then one swing… This is worse. It really grabbed.”
The 33-year-old can be ruled out until probably mid-September. He’s batting .260/.317/.489 with 16 home runs and 58 RBI in 101 games this season after signing a three-year, $31.5 million contract over the winter.
The Rockies have recalled outfielder Charlie Blackmon from Triple-A Colorado Springs to fill the roster spot.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 7
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)