Aug 19, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
Michael Cuddyer missed the first couple weeks of August while in recovery from a strained right oblique. Now he’ll also miss the final two.
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Cuddyer re-injured his right oblique on Saturday night in the Rockies’ 6-5 loss to the Marlins and was placed back on the 15-day disabled list Sunday morning after just three games on the active roster.
“It’s beyond frustrating,” Cuddyer told the Post on Sunday. “I felt so good. Felt good on the rehab. Felt good the past two days. Felt good my first two at-bats. Then one swing… This is worse. It really grabbed.”
The 33-year-old can be ruled out until probably mid-September. He’s batting .260/.317/.489 with 16 home runs and 58 RBI in 101 games this season after signing a three-year, $31.5 million contract over the winter.
The Rockies have recalled outfielder Charlie Blackmon from Triple-A Colorado Springs to fill the roster spot.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)