Aug 19, 2012, 8:04 PM EDT
Lost in all the negative stories surrounding the 2012 edition of the Boston Red Sox is the fact that corner outfielder Cody Ross has been very productive, and a steal at one-year, $3 million this past offseason.
But the Boston front office is paying close attention.
According to Nick Cafardo’s Sunday notes column in the Boston Globe, the Red Sox are “very interested in pursuing” another contract with Ross, who is currently scheduled to hit the free agent market five days after the conclusion of the 2012 World Series.
Ross is batting .272/.337/.517 with 18 home runs and 60 RBI in 91 games this season for Boston. He finished with a .240/.325/.405 slash line, 14 home runs and 52 RBI in 121 games last year with the Giants.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 2
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (92)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)