Aug 19, 2012, 8:04 PM EDT
Lost in all the negative stories surrounding the 2012 edition of the Boston Red Sox is the fact that corner outfielder Cody Ross has been very productive, and a steal at one-year, $3 million this past offseason.
But the Boston front office is paying close attention.
According to Nick Cafardo’s Sunday notes column in the Boston Globe, the Red Sox are “very interested in pursuing” another contract with Ross, who is currently scheduled to hit the free agent market five days after the conclusion of the 2012 World Series.
Ross is batting .272/.337/.517 with 18 home runs and 60 RBI in 91 games this season for Boston. He finished with a .240/.325/.405 slash line, 14 home runs and 52 RBI in 121 games last year with the Giants.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness