Aug 20, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Fun times on talk radio: Curt Schilling suggested that Chipper Jones may not really want to retire and that he’d possibly come back with an AL team and DH next year. Chipper Jones went on 790 The Zone in Atlanta and shot that down rather sharply:
Curt Schilling has thrown out the concept of you coming back to not only play, but play for an American League team. Your thoughts on conversations like that?
“Well I am sure Curt Schilling being the shock jock that he is probably trying to stir up some interest for ESPN and raise the question, but as I said so many times I got four boys at home. I made promises to them that daddy is done playing baseball. After this year we are going on vacations. We are going to go on summer vacations and I am just not willing to go back on that promise.
And that’s before mentioning that the Braves have an option on Jones for 2013, so he couldn’t just go play for someone else anyway.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)