Aug 20, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Fun times on talk radio: Curt Schilling suggested that Chipper Jones may not really want to retire and that he’d possibly come back with an AL team and DH next year. Chipper Jones went on 790 The Zone in Atlanta and shot that down rather sharply:
Curt Schilling has thrown out the concept of you coming back to not only play, but play for an American League team. Your thoughts on conversations like that?
“Well I am sure Curt Schilling being the shock jock that he is probably trying to stir up some interest for ESPN and raise the question, but as I said so many times I got four boys at home. I made promises to them that daddy is done playing baseball. After this year we are going on vacations. We are going to go on summer vacations and I am just not willing to go back on that promise.
And that’s before mentioning that the Braves have an option on Jones for 2013, so he couldn’t just go play for someone else anyway.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (92)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (86)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)