Aug 20, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Fun times on talk radio: Curt Schilling suggested that Chipper Jones may not really want to retire and that he’d possibly come back with an AL team and DH next year. Chipper Jones went on 790 The Zone in Atlanta and shot that down rather sharply:
Curt Schilling has thrown out the concept of you coming back to not only play, but play for an American League team. Your thoughts on conversations like that?
“Well I am sure Curt Schilling being the shock jock that he is probably trying to stir up some interest for ESPN and raise the question, but as I said so many times I got four boys at home. I made promises to them that daddy is done playing baseball. After this year we are going on vacations. We are going to go on summer vacations and I am just not willing to go back on that promise.
And that’s before mentioning that the Braves have an option on Jones for 2013, so he couldn’t just go play for someone else anyway.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 21
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 86
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)