Aug 20, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
CBS just announced the cast for the next season of “Survivor” and it includes former five-time All-Star and National League MVP Jeff Kent.
I stopped watching “Survivor” back when that’s how everyone knew of Elisabeth Hasselbeck, but one of the best second basemen of all time being on the show might actually get me to tune in again.
If the show’s producers are reading this, I have a couple suggestions:
1) Make “washing your pickup truck” an immunity challenge, because it’s clear that Kent has no advantage over anyone else there. “Coming up with plausible excuses for off-field injuries” could also be a challenge.
2) If Kent ever wins a reward that allows him to visit a family member, please force him to instead welcome former teammate Barry Bonds to the island. Just trust me.
Kent is 44 years old and, based on the publicity photo, still appears to be in pretty good shape, so if his lying and fighting skills remain sharp he seems like a pretty good contestant. And he won’t be the only celebrity, as Lisa Whelchel, who played Blair Warner on “The Facts Of Life” in the 1980s, is also a contestant.
The new season is set in the Philippines and premieres on September 19. Kent, who earned nearly $90 million during his 17-year playing career, will be competing for a $1 million prize.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 53
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 60
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)