Aug 20, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
CBS just announced the cast for the next season of “Survivor” and it includes former five-time All-Star and National League MVP Jeff Kent.
I stopped watching “Survivor” back when that’s how everyone knew of Elisabeth Hasselbeck, but one of the best second basemen of all time being on the show might actually get me to tune in again.
If the show’s producers are reading this, I have a couple suggestions:
1) Make “washing your pickup truck” an immunity challenge, because it’s clear that Kent has no advantage over anyone else there. “Coming up with plausible excuses for off-field injuries” could also be a challenge.
2) If Kent ever wins a reward that allows him to visit a family member, please force him to instead welcome former teammate Barry Bonds to the island. Just trust me.
Kent is 44 years old and, based on the publicity photo, still appears to be in pretty good shape, so if his lying and fighting skills remain sharp he seems like a pretty good contestant. And he won’t be the only celebrity, as Lisa Whelchel, who played Blair Warner on “The Facts Of Life” in the 1980s, is also a contestant.
The new season is set in the Philippines and premieres on September 19. Kent, who earned nearly $90 million during his 17-year playing career, will be competing for a $1 million prize.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 45
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)